RES 450 Week 5 Valuation of Varying Property Types -
To complete the following assignment, go to this week's Final Paper link in the left navigation.
Final Paper: Valuation of Varying Property Types
Focus of the Final Paper
The Final Paper will provide students with the opportunity to integrate all the learning from this course by organizing and developing a plan to appraise each of the four different real estate property types, which includes, single family, condominium, commercial retail, and land.
Organize and develop a plan to appraise each of the different types of real estate. Compose an eight - to ten page research paper that explains the appraisal process for each property type and compares and contrasts each approach to value. Make sure to include a comparison of the data used in each approach. Discuss how Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal practice (USPAP) standards apply in the valuation of each property type. Be sure to include support for your analysis, adjustments, and logical reasoning for your value estimate.
Although not required, feel free to include actual data from specific properties. You may elect to research and include active listing and closed sales data to support your analysis. You may also select active listings to evaluate and develop the estimate of value, which may differ from the asking price.
The paper should be formatted according to APA guidelines and needs to reference scholarly sources to enhance the research content. Cite and reference the textbook and at least four other scholarly sources.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Must use at least four scholarly sources, in addition to the course textbook.
7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.