BUS 520 Week 6 Team Work and Motivation -
Imagine that you are the owner of a small manufacturing company. Your company manufactures a commodity, widgets. Your widget is a clone of a nationally known widget. Your company’s widget, WooWoo, is less expensive and more readily available than the nationally known brand. Presently, the sales are high; however, there are many defects, which increase your costs and delays delivery. Your company has fifty (50) employees in the following departments: sales, assembly, technology, and administration.
Your professor will assign you to a team during Week 1. Your team is expected to meet the following requirements:
1. Meet (in person or virtually) at least once between Week 1 and Week 5.
2. Select a team leader.
3. Collaborate and address the objectives of this assignment together. However, you are expected to write and submit individual papers. Please adhere to the University’s academic integrity policy.
4. Reflect upon your team experiences.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Identify significant elements of an organization motivation plan that encourage high job satisfaction, high productivity, high quality work, and low turnover (i.e., job flexibility, training, recognition).
2. Determine which motivational theory you would use to support your motivational plan.
3. Propose three (3) ways to motivate the minimum wage service worker. Support your suggestions with a motivation theory.
4. Consider how communication, attitudes, behaviors, and culture affect team performance. Outline a guide that you would use to lead a work team (e.g., cross-functional, virtual, problem-solving, etc.).
5. Reflect on your individual experience working with your team. Ensure that you include the following: a. How and why the team leader was selected
b. How often your team met
c. Challenges that you experienced during this process
d. How you would approach team projects / assignments differently in the future
e. The most important lesson learned from this experience
6. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
BUS 520 – Assignments and Rubrics © 2014 Strayer University. All Rights Reserved. This document contains Strayer University Confidential and Proprietary information and may not be copied, further distributed, or otherwise disclosed in whole or in part, without the expressed written permission of Strayer University. BUS 520 Student Version 1146 (1209 6-13-2014) Final
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Explain the variety of motivational theories and job design considerations.
• Analyze the formation and dynamics of group behavior and work teams, including the application of power in groups.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in organizational behavior.
• Write clearly and concisely about organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.