BCOM 475 Week 5 Strategic Communications Plan -
Learning Team Assignment - Strategic Communications Plan
Consider the merger you used for your previous Learning Team Assignments. Review the external communication strategy and internal communication strategy your team developed.
Create a strategic communications plan to help the merging companies get through the first year of the merger. Include the following in your strategic communications plan:
- Executive summary
- Overview: Address the issue and provide background information.
- Situational analysis: Consider political, economic, social, ethical, and technological factors that are involved in the issue; and perform a SWOTT analysis. Address the competition and media involvement.
- Communications goals and objectives: What are the companies trying to accomplish? Be specific. Address internal goals and external goals.
- Target audience: Identify the internal audience and external audience.
- Communications strategy: Identify the messages to communicate and the communications channels.
- Communications tactics: Address communications materials and activities along with an implementation plan.
- Measurement and evaluation: Identify how the results are measured and Any adjustments that could be made on the plan.
Ethical implications: Define the ethical framework for your plan. Discuss possible ethical implications and how to handle those implications.