BSHS 422 Week 4 Relevant Film or Book Report -
Select one of the following books or videos, or another appropriate one of your choosing, to use in preparing and presenting a written report on the delivery of behavioral health services to a culturally diverse population:
• Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry (book or film)
• “Mi Familia/My Family” (film)
• The Color Purple by Alice Walker (book or film)
• The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan (book or film)
• Smoke Signals by Sherman Alexie (book or film)
• “Lakota Woman–Siege at Wounded Knee” (film)
• “American Me” (film)
• Bless Me Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya (book)
• Heart of Aztlan by Rudolfo Anaya (book)
• The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie (book)
Inform your instructor of your selection, including a second choice, so that Learning Teams do not duplicate selections.
View or read the book or film, keeping an eye on the cultural issues or problems portrayed in the work.
Write a minimum 5-page paper that proposes a plan for delivering culturally competent services to one of the characters or the family appearing in the book or film.
Develop culturally competent strategies to address those issues. What would you develop for a character, for example, who has acculturation issues and faces alienation from his or her family?
Explore the richness of cultural diversity, as well as the benefits and drawbacks as portrayed by the character or characters.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.