FIN 571 Week 5 Capital Budgeting Assignment, Part 1 -
This is a Learning Team assignment.
It is important to login to the Simulation as soon as possible to ensure you have access. You can try to do this as soon as class starts.
Acting as the executive team for a small company, your team will apply the principles of capital budgeting to invest in growth and cash flow improvement opportunities in three phases over 10 simulated years.
Each opportunity has a unique financial profile and you must analyze the effects on working capital. Examples of opportunities include taking on new customers, capitalizing on supplier discounts, and reducing inventory.
The team must understand how the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows are interconnected and be able to analyze forecasted financial information to consider possible effects of each opportunity on the firm's financial position. The company operates on thin margins with a constrained cash position and limited available credit. You must optimize use of internal and external credit as you balance the desire for growth with the need for maintaining liquidity.
Sign-in to the Harvard Business Simulation and review each of the following:
• Welcome Statement
• How to Play
• Terminology Primer
• More Details (this includes information to help you understand how to play the simulation)
Complete the Harvard Business Simulation individually and track and save your results.
Create an approximately 1,050-word analysis of the team members' decisions during each phase (1-3) and how they influenced each member's final results.
• Analyze the influence of member's decisions on sales outcomes or metrics of SNC.
• Analyze the influence of member's decisions on EBIT outcomes or metrics of SNC.
• Assess the influence of member's decisions on Net Income outcomes or metrics of SNC.
• Analyze the influence of member's decisions on Free Cash Flow outcomes or metrics of SNC.
• Assess the influence of member's decisions on Total Firm Value outcomes or metrics of SNC.
• Each team member should submit a summary of the above to the Learning Team discussion area in order to be eligible for full credit.
However, it is not necessary to incorporate every team member’s submission into the final team paper. It is better to agree on one and use that as the basis for your team paper.
• If necessary, you can access the simulation you did via the run archive link at the bottom. Within the sections under analyze, you can click the copy button and then paste the data into excel as needed.
Cite a minimum of two scholarly references.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.