LDR 531 Week 1 Quiz -
1.According to Blake and Mouton, effective leaders are most likely to facilitate subordinate growth and development by having
2.Which of the following is most likely to be a drawback of highly conscientious people according to the Big Five Model?
3.________ is an extrinsic means of motivation.
4.Which of the following personality traits indicates the degree to which a person is unemotional and pragmatic and believes that ends can justify means?
5. The _____ is a personality assessment model that taps basic dimensions which encompass most of the significant variation in human personality, namely extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, emotional stability, and openness to experience.
6. The ________ pay plan has long been popular as a means of compensating production workers by paying a fixed sum for each unit of production completed.
7. With reference to John Holland’s personality-job fit theory, people belonging to the investigative type prefer
8. Milton Rokeach created the Rokeach Value Survey (RVS) which consisted of two sets of values, namely ________ values and ________ values.
9. Supportive leadership is most likely to result in what outcome for subordinates?
10. With reference to the job characteristics model, which of the following defines skill variety?
11. Which of the following is the least desirable approach for developing subordinates?
12. Which dimension of the Big Five Model is a measure of reliability?
13. Which of the following statements is true regarding a merit-based pay plan?
14. Those with a ________ personality identify opportunities, show initiative, take action, and persevere until meaningful change occurs, compared to others who passively react to situations.
15. Which of the following is an instrumental value according to the Rokeach value survey?
16. With reference to the Hofstede’s Framework for Assessing Cultures, ________ emphasizes a tight social framework in which people expect others in groups of which they are a part to look after them and protect them.
17. Which of the following guidelines for recognizing an employee’s performance was recommended?
18. Which of the following terms describes basic convictions that “a specific mode of conduct or end-state of existence is personally or socially preferable to an opposite mode of conduct”?
19. Which of the following is Theory X consistent with?
20. Alex was sent to Beijing to help local managers solve the problem of growing worker dissatisfaction at their manufacturing facility located in the city. As part of his visit, he decided to have a town hall meeting with the workers to understand the problems that they were facing and the reasons for their discontent. The turnout at the meeting was substantial; however, when asked for their opinions and suggestions, the crowd fell silent. As a result, Alex was unable to determine the reason for employee dissatisfaction. Which of the following, if true, best explains this situation?
21. Adam Sears is an assembly-line employee with Swenson Motors. Though Adam is popular among his supervisors and colleagues, Adam experiences low morale and lack of motivation. He feels frustrated that his job is restricted to fixing nuts and bolts on the car parts. He fears that he has no chances of advancing in his career as he cannot completely assemble a car. Which of the following is true with regard to Adam?
22. .Which of the following refers to the tendency to be arrogant, have a grandiose sense of self-importance, require excessive admiration, and have a sense of entitlement?
23. Which of the following refers to bottom-line conclusions individuals have about their capabilities, competence, and worth as a person?