MGT 527 Week 2 Complete -
DQ1.How are the functional areas interdependent in your organization or one in which you are familiar? How might that interdependency affect a consultant's work?
DQ2.Identify the functional areas of business. As a consultant in one functional area of business, how might the roles and responsibilities vary from consulting in a different functional area?
Wk 2 Food for Thought: How might the functional areas of a small business compare with the functional areas of a large corporation? Do all businesses have the same functional areas regardless of size? Support your response with examples
Individual Assignment - Career Plan Building Activity: Competencies and Career Interests Profiler
By completing the My Career Plan activities in this course, you are taking some of the first steps to creating a career plan that will help you reach your career goals.
• If you need additional information, review the My Career Plan Student Guide, located on the My Career Plan website.
• For assistance with content in the Phoenix Career Plan, contact your academic counselor. For technical issues, contact your academic counselor or technical support at
Access the Career Interests Profiler and the Career Plan Building Activity: Competencies from https://careers.phoenix.edu/careerplan.
html. You can also access the Career Interests Profiler and the Career Plan Building Activities by going to My Career Plan within Phoenix Career Services in the Library tab of your student website.
Complete the Career Interests Profiler and the Career Plan Building Activity: Competencies.
• You may have already completed the Career Interests Profiler during enrollment. Your results will be saved if this is the case.
• You must complete both the Career Interests Profiler and the Career
Plan Building Activity: Competencies to proceed with My Career Plan in the following weeks. You may access your results at any time in My Career Plan.
Write a paper of 300-350 words discussing the results of your Career Plan Building Activities.
• Discuss the ways in which understanding your personal competencies will help you to become a better communicator and consultant.
• How might you need to change your communication techniques to work with the different functional areas of your business?
• How might you need to change your communication techniques to create an effective client–consultant relationship?
Which competencies should you specifically focus on to adapt your communication techniques?
Individual Assignment - Consultant and Client Communication Strategies
Select a business unit from your organization that has a business or technical problem, which you believe a consultant may be able to help solve. You will use your selection in multiple assignments throughout
Write a paper of 1,000-1,050 words. Complete the following in your paper:
• Develop strategies for developing effective client and consultant relationships with the business unit you selected.
• Describe the importance of an effective client and consultant relationship.
• Provide supporting research on managing client consulting relationships.
• Include a minimum of two peer-reviewed scholarly journal articles as appropriate.
• Write in third person.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.