STR 581 Week 3 Knowledge Check -
1. The structure of a simple organization
2. This structure is one in which a set of relatively autonomous units are governed by a central corporate office but where each operation has its own functional specialists who provide products or services that are different from those of other operations.
3. This type of organizational structure combines the advantages of functional specialization with the advantages of product-project specialization.
4. Twenty-first-century corporations reflect
5. Today, global means
6. This type of organization or structure is one that identifies a set of business capabilities central to high-profitability operations and then builds a virtual organization around those capabilities.
7. These are arrangements between two or more companies in which they both contribute capabilities, resources, or expertise to a joint undertaking, usually with an identity of its own, with each firm giving up overall control in return for the potential to participate in and benefit from the relationship.
8. This is an organization structure most notable for its lack of structure wherein knowledge and getting it to the right place quickly is the key reason for the organization.
9. One of the limitations of the SWOT analysis is that it can be
10 .One of the limitations of SWOT analysis is that it can do this to a single strength or element of strategy.
11. Value chain analysis takes a
12. Which of the following is an example of a primary activity in the typical firm?
13. In VCA, which method of cost accounting is preferred?
14. This is an internal analysis technique wherein strategists examine customers’ needs, company offerings, and competitors’ offerings to more clearly articulate what their company’s competitive advantage is and how it differs from those of competitors.
15. The first step of this type of analysis involves a firm determining what their customers value and why they value it.
16. Once a hypothesis about competitive advantage has been developed by a firm through three circles analysis, it should be tested by
17. This is a method of comparing the way a company performs a specific activity with a competitor, potential competitor, or company doing the same thing.
18. Companies committed to this process attempt to isolate and identify where their costs or outcomes are out of line with what they identify as the best practices of competitors or other companies or organizations that undertake similar tasks.