RES 431 - Week 5 - Final Paper - Different Valuation Options for Real Estate -
The final assignment for this course is a Final Paper. The purpose of the Final Paper is to provide an opportunity for students to apply the concepts gleaned from this class and to extend them into a quality research paper. The Final Project represents 25% of the overall course grade.
Focus of the Final Paper
Select one of the following topics to address for your Final Paper: Examine the different valuation options for real estate. Describe the benefits or shortcomings of each option and when they are appropriate (e.g., gross income multiplier, breakeven ratio, IRR, cap rate and NPV).
Examine the different ownership structures for real estate. Describe the benefits and shortcomings of each structure and when they are appropriate (e.g., LLC, Series LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp, LLLP and IRA).
Writing the Final Paper
1. Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis and includes an overview of the research conceptualization and a self-reflection.
6. Must use at least five scholarly sources other than the textbook.
7. Must document all sources in APA style.
8. Must include a separate reference page.