EDU 5000 Week 2 Construct a Personal Time-Management Plan -
For this assignment, you will take part in a time management workshop. You will mark your progress and learning in a specially provided time management workbook which you will submit to your faculty member. You will need at least 30 minutes a day for 5 consecutive days to complete this workbook. The entire workshop, including viewing the video and completing the workbook, will take you approximately 10 hours to complete, so plan accordingly.
As part of this assignment, you will evaluate your current use of time by comparing it to effective time management strategies. You will also apply a range of time management techniques by constructing a personal time management plan for graduate studies. Spend some time reflecting on your current and past time management practices. Write down the type of responses to the following questions (you will return to these responses later in the assignment):
Think of some times in the past when you struggled with time management. How did you respond?
Think about what works well and what does not work well regarding your current time management practices?
Overall, identify two strengths and two weaknesses of your current time management practices.
Next, follow these steps to complete the Time Management Workshop and Construct a Personal Time-Management Plan: The objective of this workshop is to gain a fresh perspective on time and perhaps view time in ways you never considered before.
1. Set-up your account. Go to http://ncuregistration.attackyourday.net and enter your name and email address. You will be redirected to the time management training portal. At the same time, you will receive a password at the email address you entered. You will need this password to access the site in the future. To change your password, simply click “my profile” in the top right corner. You are encouraged, but not required, to set up a profile with your photo or avatar, bio, etc. If you experience technical difficulties, send an email to email@example.com.
2. Bookmark the site. You will be asked to return to the Attack Your Day! Northcentral Training Portal in Assignment 7 (and you will likely want to visit the site throughout your degree program), so bookmark it now.
3. Download and print the Time Management Workbook. The Time Management Workbook is available in the Books and Resources for this Week as a MS Word document. You will use this document to submit your work.
4. Watch the videos. There are seven videos you will find in the Time Management tab. Note that transcripts and audio clips are available as downloads under each video. The duration of each video ranges from about 5-11 minutes. You will complete some of the workbook while watching the videos, so have your workbook handy.
5. Consider downloading and reading Attack Your Day! Before It Attacks You. This book is available for free in the Downloads tab. You may order a soft cover copy at a discount ($9.95) by clicking on the link under the download button.
Now that you have completed the time management workshop, check to make sure that you have filled in the workbook completely and submit it for completion of this assignment.