PM 586 Final Exam (Latest) -
PM/586 Final Exam
1. In a strong matrix structure, employees take daily direction from:
2. If the schedule variance is positive and the cost variance is negative, the project’s status is:
3. Which category of projects would involve a large number of functional units where the workers may be assigned either part-time or full-time?
4. Which type of chart provides the least “predictive” value?
5. Scope creep is generally the result of:
6. Which of the following is the role of the PM rather than the role of the functional manager?
7. The balance between quality and cost is called:
8. The EVMS term that represents the value of work actually accomplished is:
9. Which of the following would be the first item to be discussed in the initial kickoff meeting for a project?
10. Quality is defined by the:
11. Which of the following people has the greatest influence on how much authority a project manager will possess on a given project?
12. A project manager desires a work breakdown structure that goes through 6 levels of detail. Level 3 through level 6 would most likely be prepared by:
13. In which project life cycle phase does quality begin?
14. Project management restructuring allowed companies to manage projects that _____.
15. Risk constitutes a lack of knowledge _____.
16. The two primary components of a risk are:
17. Which of the following standard project estimating techniques is usually accomplished in weeks?
18. The hardest part in creating a best practices library is:
19. A typical project office (not to be confused with a project management office) responsible for the management of a large project includes the project manager and the:
20. Industries that have _____ tasks and operate in a _____ environment demonstrated the greatest need for project management.
21. Pricing out the construction cost of a home by a cost per square foot would be representative of a(n) _____ estimate.
22. The collective term for the formal quality activities and processes is called:
23. The difference between the cost baseline and the contracted cost is the:
24. Plans such as the cost plan, schedule plan and quality plan are referred to as:
25. Companies can become reasonably mature in project management by designing the right support systems. In general, how much time usually elapses after maturity before a company becomes excellent in project management execution?
26. The best source of revenue for a customer-requested scope change is:
27. During the 1970s and 1980s, formal project management practices were put in place because the constraints were _____ and _____ boundaries had to be crossed
28. A charting technique designed to illustrate the inductive and deductive reasoning necessary to achieve some objective is called a _____ Diagram / network
29. Which of the following is often overlooked when planning and budgeting a project?
30. What is the project sponsor’s responsibility with regard to the WBS preparation?