SOC 100Week 5 Technology and Social Change -
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word essay on technology and social change, covering the following:
• Provide an introduction that defines both technology and social change, and discusses how they are related.
• Discuss the impact of the personal computer, cellular phones, and the Internet on society.
• Using the three major sociological perspectives (functionalism, conflict and interactionism), describe the equilibrium model, the digital divide, and cultural lag in relation to these technologies and social change.
• Include how technology has influenced social epidemiology, health, and the environment.
• Explore a recent or emerging form of technology, and discuss its potential benefits or consequences for society.
• Provide a conclusion that summarizes key points.
Cite at least three academic, peer-reviewed sources and two popular magazines.
Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines.